Lactation Management Unit
Lactation Management Unit was established in 2008 in the OPD. Provide Lactation management services for out patients and inward patients.
The work force consists of 2 nursing Officers and supportive staff under the guidance of Dr. Harris Pathirage.
Room 19 – OPD.
Monday to Friday 7am – 4pm
Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays 7am – 1pm
- Asses the feeding technique, identify issues of feeding
- Lactation and feeding advices given to the mothers
- Complementary feeding advices for the mothers
- Advice on mother’s nutrition and diet
- Multi Disciplinary Cleft Lip & Palate Clinic – Lactation advices, Bottle feeding advices & Complementary feeding advices given and Special Bottles provided for the patients.
Post Graduate Trainees, Medical Students, Nursing students receive the training.