Stoma Care Unit
This is the first Paediatric Stoma Clinic In Sri Lanka, Started on the 5th of August 2019.
Contact us on 0112693711 – 460
The work force consists of Nursing Officer trained for this purpose and a supportive staff member of the hospital.
Room 38 – OPD Building
- Monday to Friday – 7am – 4pm
- Saturday – 7am – 1pm
1. Offer the best quality services to children with all type of stomas who visit our clinic.
- Vesicostomy & Ureterostomy
- Gastrostomy & PEG
2. Train parents regarding the bowel washes & anal dilatation (Candle dilatation)
3. Offer educational and counselling services to parents and their families who have children with stomas. 4. Conduct regular workshops on paediatric stoma care at the LRH and train a good team of nurses and supporting staff to take care of children with stomas.
5. Serve as a centre of excellence of stoma care and offer training courses for other hospitals in the country.
Offer training courses for other hospitals in the country.