Paediatric Restorative Dentistry
The Restorative care was started initially in 2015 & services were provided at the Orthodontic clinic and OPD clinic with limited facilities. Unit was being providing trauma management & comprehensive dental treatment under General Anaesthesia for needy child patients. With the blessings of the Director LRH – Dr. G. Wijesuriya & the DDG (Dental Services) we started a separate Restorative unit in July 2020 to treat all child patients needing advanced Restorative care.
The work force consists of a Consultant in Restorative Dentistry and Dental surgeons and supportive staff.
Dr. Priyake Palipana
Consultant in Restorative Dentistry
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and the rest of the ward consists of 16 beds which includes ventilators, CPAP, High Flow Nasal Oxygen and Phototherapy facilities.
|Name of Consultant||Speciality||Ward||Clinic Room||Day of the week|
|Dr. P. Palipana||Consultant Restorative Dental surgeon||21||Wednesday
8am – 12noon
- Improvement of Oral hygiene and dietary advice
- Pulp therapy for children
- Root canal treatment for milk teeth/permanent teeth
- Management of fractured teeth
- Management of uncooperative children under general anesthesia
- Comprehensive care to medically/ physically compromised patients.
- Preventive care at all primary, secondary & tertiary levels
- Early intervention of patients with developmental anomalies in teeth & prevention of complications
- Rehabilitation of patients with congenitally/ acquired defects in the Oral cavity