On the 1st of October, 2020, celebrating World Children’s Day, on the invitation of the Director of LRH, Dr. G. Wijesuriya and all of us at LRH, it was a privilege to have Mr. Mahinda Rajapaksha, Hon. Prime Minister of Sri Lanka as our chief guest to celebrate the 125th year of the hospital. He graced the occasion along with his wife, Madame Shiranthi Rajapaksha, Hon. Health Minister Mrs. Pavithradevi Vanniarachchi and several other ministers and other top officials of the Ministry of Health. During his visit, PM highlighted his thoughts to expand the services at LRH and extended his gratitude to the management and staff for maintaining highest standards in their services. He also expressed that a hospital for children should be established in every district of Sri Lanka.
While celebrating the World children’s day, it was a remarkable day for LRH as it was a day of Celebration of achievement of many important things
1. Laying of the Foundation stone for the 9 storey extension of the surgical building
2. Opening of the Bone Marrow Transplant Unit
3. Opening of 2 theatres for Orthopaedic Spine Surgery and Neuro Surgery
4. Launching of the 1390 Toll free calling service and digital clinic appointment system
5. Launching of the Official Website of LRH
It was another major addition of a golden milestone in the history of LRH to expand the services provided for the children in Sri Lanka