Specialized Immunization Unit
The Specialized Immunization clinic in OPD provides services for the patients who are referred from MOH and the children attending specialist clinics with complications.
The work force consists of 2 medical officers, nursing officers and supportive staff.
Room 4 of OPD
|SPECIALIZED IMMUNIZATION CLINIC SCHEDULE – LRH|
This clinic provides services for
1. Patients who are having abnormalities and complications
2. Patients who are referred from MOH due to adverse events following previous vaccinations children having other complications
3. Patients following accidents such as;
- Rat bites, cat bites, dog bites etc…
- Cut injuries
- Prick injuries
4. BCG vaccine is given to all babies/ children in the instance
- Vaccine being delayed at birth
- Born in foreign countries
- Absence of BCG scar (when 2nd dose is required)