The Department of Radiology offers a comprehensive range of diagnostic and interventional pediatric radiology for children and adolescents.
The staff consists of 4 Consultant Radiologists, 2 Pediatric Radiology Senior Registrars, 8 Medical officers, 13 Radiographers, and 6 Nurses.
Dr. Jerard Fernando
Dr. Nayana Samarasinghe
Dr. Y. Ubaiyathullah
Dr. Eranga Ganewatte
- All facilities are housed in the Department of Radiology.
- We share the cardiac cath lab and Accident Service theatre for interventional procedures.
- Routine lists are from Monday to Friday 8-4pm and half a day on Saturdays.
- There are general anesthetic lists for MRI’s all 5 workings days in a week, 01 day a week for CT and 01 day a week for fluoroscopic procedures.
- In addition, we run 2 routine theatre lists for USS guided interventional procedures per week and all emergency work as and when required.
- Plain x-rays
- Ultra sound scans – Brain, Orbit, Neck, Chest, Abdomen/KUB, MSK, Small Parts
- Contrast/Fluoroscopic studies – Upper and Lower GI, Loopograms, Dacryocystograms, Sialograms, Fistulograms, MCUGs, Ascending/Descending urethrograms, Nephrostograms, Antegrade pyelograms, IVU’s,
- CT – Head including HRCT of temporal bones and Dacryocystograms, Neck, Chest and HRCT of lungs, Abdomen and Pelvis, Musculoskeletal, Cardiac studies and angiograms.
- MRI – Neuro, MSK, Hepato-biliary, abdomen, Enterograms, Urograms, Sialograms, Iron studies
- Nuclear Medicine- DMSA, DTPA, Indirect Cystograms, Bone Scans, Meckel scans, RBC studies, HIDA scans, Lymphoscintigrams
- All image guided biopsies USS and CT guided.
- Aspirations and drainages,
- Percutaneous Nephrostomy and Percutaneous Nephrolithotomies
- Sclerotherapy Treatment of Vascular and lymphatic malformations
- Angiograms/ renal angioplasties, embolizations procedures for bronchial and splenic arteries.
- Central line insertions
Radiology Senior Registrars and Registrars, Senior Registrars from numerous other specialties are trained in the department.